Bringing the Everyday to Life

Painting in Italy: Part 2
Posted on 9/30/2021 10:44:58 AM by Brienne M Brown
244 Comments
Hello Everyone! This blog post is part 2 in a series on my painting trip to Italy in September 2021. I hope you enjoy these photos, pictures, and short descriptions from each day of our painting holiday through the Watermill Inn in Posara, Italy. Day 4: Tour of Lucca, the Walled City At this point, we had three days of painting and Wednesday was our day to tour and my day off from teaching. We had a choice to travel to Cinque Terre or Lucca. They got us train tickets to either location and then they took us to the train station in [...]
Painting In Italy: Part 1
Posted on 9/30/2021 10:23:42 AM by Brienne M Brown
74 Comments
Hello everyone! My husband Ken and I just returned from Italy! It was a dream come true for me to paint in Italy and I am excited to share my experiences with you. I oversaw a painting holiday at the Watermill Inn in Posara. We had booked this event for May of 2020 but, because of the pandemic, it of course was canceled. The trip was postponed until this month. I am so grateful we were able to go. I had no idea what to expect. I had never been to Europe or oversaw a painting excursion like this. It was amazing [...]
Joys of Painting Watercolor Plein Air
Posted on 8/16/2018 9:30:24 AM by Brienne M Brown
31 Comments
Two of my passions in life are watercolor and plein air painting, or painting on location. So, when I get to teach how to improve painting watercolor en plein air, I couldn’t be happier. [...]



